Wednesday, December 12

When I fall in love

When was the last time you fall in love? You feel weak on your knees, you have butterflies in your stomach, your throat feel so dry and you can barely construct a sentence without blubbering. All you can do is gaze and stare, and you feel like your heart is going to explode, but at the same time, it is beating so slow that you could barely feel it.

And you know, at that precise moment, that you are in love.

I’m not saying that is how we should fall in love. There are many types of love; friendship love, security love, romantic love and unconditional love, to name a few. Friendship love is a love between yourself and someone that is totally honest, open and comfortable. You can share everything with that someone, and feel comfortable talking and sharing even your deepest secret with that person.

Security love is more like a bond between parents and their children. It is a nurturing and caring kind of love, where we thrive on in order to be happy. It is also a love between human and God, which can also be, the ultimate love of all.

Romantic love can be love at first sight, someone you are attracted to because of the person physical appearance. Sometimes you can feel a certain connection with that person. But most of the time, it is also associated with lust.

Then there is unconditional love, a sincere love that last forever. When nothing else matter, as long as the other person is happy and safe.

But how do you know when you really fall in love, and not lust? For starters, lust is a temporary emotion, you like someone based on the person physical appearance. You might find that as soon as you get to know them for their personality, you are no longer interested in them. Lust is also not enough to sustain a long-lasting relationship. Most of the time, the relationship just fizzles away once you get past the infatuation stage.

Then comes the next question, what is true love? Does it even exist? And do you even dare believing in it? True love is rare. True love is a part of unconditional love, and also romantic love. True love is what sustains a relationship through eternity. But how do you know when true love comes knocking on your heart?

Let me tell you how I know. For me, it involves intimacy, passion and commitment. I feel strongly about her, strong enough to miss her when she is not around but respect her enough to let her pursue her own goals and interests. I care about her well-being and want the best for her, even if it means that I may have to sacrifice some of my time with her. And I should be able to get angry or disappointed with her without it ever changing how I feel about her.I also know that I’m interested in her both physically and mentally. I don't think it is enough, for example, to love someone because the person is nice. There are a lot of nice people in the world, so it should be more than that. They need to possess many different qualities that you enjoy and admire.

Yes, I do believe in true love. And yes, I am in love.

If only I have the courage to tell her how I feel.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love doesn't always have to be said in words. If your love is that strong and sincere for her, she will know.
Good luck! I share your excitement and happiness...tell us how you get on!

najibest said...

"For me, it involves intimacy, passion and commitment. I feel strongly about her, strong enough to miss her when she is not around but respect her enough to let her pursue her own goals and interests"

spot on there Ardy..

dazzles stars said...

ardy,

beritahulah dia! i cant wait.. :)

Anonymous said...

Bro...if you love that person...truly love that person, don't let it go to waste. At least you will feel happy having someone to love, and who loves you in return.

I can only pray for time to fly extra fast for me.

Alone on this 5-billion people planet.

Hazyr said...

tell her, tell her, tell her!!!

:)

p/s am glad you've finally found deserving love!

najibest said...

i 2nd hazyr, tell here already la ardy heh :)

coolasais said...

hey hey hey...

slow down boy! let it simmer for a while...

take your own sweet time...

;-)

Spena said...

Ardy, tell her and that does not mean you force her. You must tell her because you don't want to regret later when somebody else says that first or she said it first to somebody else.

"tanpa keberanian, mimpi tak akan jadi kenyataan"

- guile - said...

my dear,

tell her only when you are ready. dont force unto yourself.

remember this: "To love and win is the best thing. To love and lose, the next best."

ardy said...

Anonymous,

Thank you :) I do hope she notices.

Najibest,

Heheh, I know I know, I just need to gather myself before I say those words to her.

Nurunnajma,

I will, when the time comes.

ardy said...

Seademon,

Don't give up hope yet bro. There is always light(and love) at the end of the tunnel.

Hazyr,

I know. It's been too long, don't you think?

Coolasais,

Hahah, wise men say, only fools rush in. I guess I'm one of them (them being fools, not those wise men!)

ardy said...

Spena,

I wish I can tell her how I really feel about her. But sometimes, things aren't as easy as it looks.

Guile,

Better to lose than not to compete at all, right?

ManaL said...

Is she reading this, Ardy?

If so, do u reckon u can add more clues as to who she might be lest there would be a few more other girls in their hot pursuits too!

ardy said...

Manal,

More clues will be revealed in days to come.