Friday, December 7

What women want

I can live up to the ripe age of a hundred, which sounds ridiculous, and still not understand women. I can date 100 women, which sounds more ridiculous, and still not understand them. I can devote my whole lifetime to study them, and at the end of the day, I will still be back at square one. And I can love one woman, and one woman only, and may die a happy man, yet I may still not understand her completely.

If you’re a general in a battle, one of the ways to defeat your enemy is to think like the enemy. Anticipate your enemy’s every moves, and you might just win the battle. It’s like a game of chess; the one who can see his opponent next moves is as close to winning the game.

But women are not the enemy. So we do not think like them. And dating women is not like playing a game of chess, so we do not plan our next move and anticipate their next move. Although I got a feeling that is what we do most of the time anyway. There are times when we even tried to hard that it repels them away.

You put little effort, you put too much effort, you put just the right amount of effort, and nothing seems to work. Better not to do anything then, you might think. But you do not want to live alone and lonely for the rest of your life. You might not need them now, but further down the line, you’ll be wondering, and pondering, what would have happened if you had made that extra move, taken that extra step. Maybe life would be a little better. But then again, maybe not.

Come to think of it, it’s a huge gamble. You can live without them, you can’t live without them. I’ve known friends who are happily married, and I’ve known friends who were married for a short time, and got divorced. But that doesn’t stop them from dating other women, and for some, remarrying. And I known a friend who divorced his wife, and 5 years later, ended up remarrying his ex-wife. Now, how weird is that?

And there are also some who are single, and they look happy. But I have no idea what goes on in their mind, especially late at night. (I’m not in that category, since I’m single and miserable)

Somehow, I believe women secretly do not know what they themselves want in the first place. Maybe that’s the reason why men can never understand them. Everytime we thought we had everything figured out, they throw a curve ball instead, and there goes strike one. In the end, we’ll end up hitting air instead of the ball.

Strike three, you’re out! Back to the dug out, buster!

13 comments:

IBU said...

Hey bro, u don't have to understand women 100%. Women are too complicated for men to achieve that perfect score.

Just say,"Yes dear, I agree... ".

Hopefully you mean it when you say it. But it doesn't quite matter if you don't. Hahaha....

Agree?

ardy said...

Ibu,

Heheh, sounds like a good strategy. Now if only I can have someone I can experiment on ;)

Hazyr said...

"Somehow, I believe women secretly do not know what they themselves want in the first place"

You probably got a point there mate ;)

Ibu,

As usual, a wise advice from a wise beautiful lady! Caya la kak!

Spena said...

I know what I want...I want everything!! muahhhahaha

najibest said...

"Somehow, I believe women secretly do not know what they themselves want in the first place"

i actually think that they know what they want in the 1st place.. it's just that they keep changing "1st place" as they like rather than changing what they want heh :)

coolasais said...

oh yeah,

It's always all about them women eh...

for me it's easy, it's all about me, me and me!

he he he..

Bakawali said...

If men understood women and vice versa then where is the challenge? It is supposed to be a tug-of-war, a mental battle coz if I am right men finds easy targets or wins as turn-offs.

And when they finally think they have figured out women, the rules have to be changed as routine and mundane activities are 'killers' of a relationship... So being the smart ones we pretend to be airheaded, aloof, fickle minded just to keep the men on their toes and back into the game

ardy said...

Hazyr,

So did I just solve the greatest mystery of all?

Spena,

Don't we all? ;)

ardy said...

Najibest,

Heheh, speaking from experience, I see ;) Feel free to drop by here anytime bro!

Coolasais,

Me me me, that's the jerk in you talking again! ;)

ardy said...

Bakawali,

I feel for the men who are interested in smart women like you ;) But you got a point there, it's good to get the game going as long as you can, you might just be able to get the men to stay interested in you long enough to bag one!

najibest said...

ardy, well they do say, experience is the best teacher :)

ardy said...

Najibest,

I agree. We learnt best from our experiences, and mistakes.

dazzles stars said...

well ardy,

how can a man knows what the women wants when the women itself doesnt know what she wants? (..getting confuse, just like me)..

maybe women have lots of 'maybe' (maybe)....heheh