Sunday, December 30

At a glance

It started off pretty slow and lame; I couldn’t even remember where I was on New Year’s Eve. Most probably at home, sleeping, as I did the previous year. January was a breeze, filled with mundane activities and work and basketball. Come to think of it, the first 6 months were like that, with nothing much happening to excite me.

The second half of the year was much better. I managed to squeeze in a few trips in between work, met new and wonderful friends, and finally got over my disappointment of a failed relationship from a year ago. Yes, it has been a long and arduous journey, but every journey is a self-discovery, and I have discovered a lot about myself that I was unaware before.

But mostly, I have learnt that you can be sad and miserable and depressed all your life if you want to, but you can also be happy, cheerful and optimistic about life.

It’s all about the choices you make in life.

And I will always remember this year fondly, as I believe it is a start to something meaningful and precious in my years to come.

Let’s end it in a high.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You, Spena, Bakawali, Hazyr were instrumental in helping me get up again.

When I looked around me, I noticed that I have reached rock bottom.

Now I plan to fall again. But this time, the only way I can fall is UP.

No holds barred, I'm going for broke.

See a totally new me in 2008.

Well, you can already detect the changes through my blog.

May you have a very happy 2008, my brother.

najibest said...

Happy New Year Ardy..hopefully you'll achieve greater heights in 2008..

ManaL said...

Tu dia....turning a new leaf.

so, whats the background music for that perky entry of yours?

ardy said...

Seademon

Good for you! That's the spirit!

Najibest,

Same for you!

Manal,

Will Celine Dion's 'My Heart will go on' do for you?