Tuesday, December 18

Lost in time

Love is supposed to be eternal. When you love, and lost, you do not forget the love as easily. Somehow, you hold on to that love, and you carry it close to your heart. Eventhough the love has died, deep inside of you, you still secretly nurturing it, hoping that one day, maybe one day, it will come back.

And you keep holding on, afraid of letting it go, afraid of moving on, and afraid of betraying the love. You stay the same, follow the same routine, wear the same clothes. You shut yourself from the world, and you close yourself up. And you cry yourself to sleep every night.

I do not know about you, but I'm a sucker to romantic movies. I saw Lost in time last night on TV3, and eventhough I have already seen that movie before, it never failed to mesmerised me with its plots and storyline.

The story is simple. It's about a girl who lost her fiancee in an accident. The girl, played perfectly by Cecilia Cheung, struggled to accept the fact. Her fiancee was a bus driver, and when he died, she had the bus repaired and took to driving the bus. The bus was where they first met, and had romantic time together, and by keeping the bus around, she was also keeping alive the memory of her true departed love.

She also had to take care of her fiancee's five year-old son, while struggling to earn enough money to feed herself and pay the rent. But when things looked doomed, a friend of her fiancee (also a fellow bus driver) came into the picture, and developed a relationship with her. Not a romantic relationship at first, as he was mostly helping her out with the son and also with the bus. But soon enough, something developed between them, and they embraced the feelings hesitantly.

She was holding on to her past love. And he was also doing the same. In fact, his wife walked out on him with their son a long time ago. He was a drunk and a gambler at that time. But he changed, and he kept on hoping that his wife would come back to him. But he was just holding on to something that he knew would never happened.

Of course, the ending was a good one. But yet, it doesn't stop me from thinking about how sometimes, we believe in something so much that we are afraid of letting it go. We keep on holding onto it, even when we know it will just cause more heartbreaks and suffering.

Why?

Maybe because we are just human. And we make mistakes.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah...it isn't easy to let go unless one can be heartless and cold.

I can be like that, I was once like that, I was trained to be that. But that me that was cold and heartless is not what people would like to see as I would be less than a human being.

I love being a human being...even if it hurts. So I don't let go easily.

Anonymous said...

I hate to admit that the suffering is too much for me to bear at the moment. And I'm still holding on to it, hoping for I dunno, maybe the scar will heal in time. Not that I am scared to let it go, for I dunno what future might hold for me.. but how can I deny the feeling this strong..and yet, hurtful.

Spena said...

I did that. I let it go. But...I guess, 'it' decided to stick by....BUt I feel good as I've taken the step...of letting it go.

Anonymous said...

I am a believer of true love. I believe that once you fall in love, you never fall out of it. The more committed and devoted you are, the harder it is to move on when circumstances change.....

Cik Puan Sri Quzz said...

why dont u stop believe in love, its unbelievable tau..try la...

ardy said...

Seademon,

Heartless and cold. I know plenty of people who are like that. You don't have to be that way, but that doesn't mean you have to suffer like this.

Scorpio21,

They say, time will always heal the pain, bring the sun and drive the rain. You need to have faith. But most of all, you need to be happy with the choices you make.

ardy said...

Spena,

They also say, if you love someone, let him free. If he comes back, then he is yours. I guess you did just that!

Very anonymous,

That is true. The deeper you fall, the harder it will be. But let's hope there is a happy ending for everyone. Yes, I am that optimistic!

Aphroditekuzz,

Heheh, maybe so, maybe so. But it is such a beautiful thing, it is hard not to believe.