Friday, August 31

Time after time



Quotes from this week's episode:



Meredith: [narrating] A patient's history is as important as their symptoms. It's what helps us decide if heart burn's a heart attack... if a headache's a tumor. Sometimes patients will try to re-write their own histories. They'll claim they don't smoke, or forget to mention certain drugs... which in surgery can be the kiss of death. We can ignore it all we want, but our history eventually always comes back to haunt us.

Woman: Nice sweater.
Richard: Yeah...my wife...
Woman: What?
Richard: My wife, she gave it to me...the sweater. Actually, it's my ex-wife. It's amicable.
Woman: I'm sorry?
Richard: The divorce, it's amicable. Very friendly. I'm a friendly guy.
(The woman and another passenger get out leaving Mark and Richard alone)
Mark: I'm a friendly guy?
Richard: Sloan!
Mark: She pressed five and got off at three. She'd rather walk up two flights of stairs then flirt with you. Hell, she'd rather climb up the outside of the building.
Richard: I wasn't flirting.
Mark: You're telling me. There's no need to be embarrassed. It's time for you to shake off the rust and get back in the game. You need a wing man.
Richard: I have patients to see.
(He gets out of the elevator)
Mark: We'd make a great team.

Meredith: So, it's weird, right? That Susan keeps stopping by like this? I mean, we just became friends or semi-related or whatever you call your estranged father's wife.
Alex: You may be confused since you were basically raised by wolves but this is what mother's do. They stop by, they stock the fridge. Dude, you think she might do our laundry?
Meredith: Hey! Get your own fake mom.

Burke: What was that?
Cristina: That was my smug, passive-aggressive whiny ex-boyfriend trying to show me I picked the wrong guy.
Burke: Oh, I know. I'm fine with it as long as I'm learning something. I was actually talking about you. What was that?
Cristina: You're gonna have to put up with me being nice and sweet for a little while.
Burke: That'll be a nice change of pace.
Cristina: Shut up.
Burke: That's more like it.

Derek: Hey.
Meredith: Hey.
Derek: You ok?
Meredith: Horrible...I'm in a horrible mood. I yelled at Susan. I think I scared off my fake mommy forever.
Derek: Hmm...need cheering up?
Meredith: No.
Derek: Me either. It's gonna be ok.

Izzie: Wow. That's a big needle.
Doctor: It's standard. You should start to feel numb about ten minutes after I inject the lidocaine, ok?
Izzie: Yeah, I know. I've given epidurals before. I know that's the needle. It's just that somehow it seems so much bigger now that it's going into my spine.
Doctor: Little stick.
Izzie: Oh, god.

Richard: Sloan, you brought me to a bar. You know I don't drink.
Mark: Which is perfect. Better to keep you mind sharp. Let the ladies do the drinking.
Richard: You think if you get me laid, I might make you chief.

Meredith: [narrating] Some people believe that without history, our lives amount to nothing. At some point we all have to choose: do we fall back on what we know, or do we step forward to something new? It's hard not to be haunted by our past. Our history is what shapes us... what guides us. Our history resurfaces time after time after time. So we have to remember sometimes the most important history is the history we're making today.

6 comments:

Spena said...

You know what Ardy, even though I'm not a follower of GA, but something in this series just hit me on the face. and so far, everytime I watch (which is not often at all) it sure kind of makes me sad...

Is it only me?

Cosmic_GurL said...

Meredith is so right about History coming back to haunt us. Nothing stays secret forever.

coolasais said...

Grey's always make me think....deeply! and that always make me sad! butch!

dude,

i'm curious, r u taking notes while watching them?

freakazoid! ha ha ha

all jazzed up said...

Our history resurfaces time after time after time.

Do you believe in karma? Sometimes I do.

ardy said...

Spena,

It's not only you. There are plenty of things that we can relate to with the show. That's why I love the show so much!

Cosmic_gurl,

Skeletons in the closet. Now I know why they refer to it as skeletons.

ardy said...

Coolasais,

Dude, you can emphatise? Deep? Hahah!

Jazz,

I do believe in karma. What goes around comes around.