Tuesday, August 7

Morning has broken

There are two things that I really hate but I'm still doing them. I hate waking up early in the morning. And I hate the cold shower that follows after that. The problem is, I have to wake up early in the morning. Of course the shower part is optional, but I need the jolt of jet cold water on my body and face to fully bring me to the world of the living.

Still, if I have the money, I would install one of those hot showers gizmo, so that at least I could take hot shower instead of a cold one.

For the longest time ever, I've been waking up early in the morning. And here's the thing, I was never a morning person, and I will never be one. During my school years, it was 6am. Then there was college years (which was considerably better) and now working years. I can't wait for the day that I am my own boss, and I can start work whenever I want. Of course, my business would fold in no time. The early bird gets the worm, remember?

I think it would help tremendously if I'd go to bed early instead of 2-3am like I normally do. I guess that's the thing, I never seem to get enough sleep. I always stay up late. I'm like the night guy. Night guy wants to stay up late. What about getting up after 4-5 hours of sleep? Well, that's morning guy's problem. I'm night guy. I stay up as late as I want.

Of course, the funny thing about sleeping is the moment you're in your bed, trying to go to sleep, a thousand thoughts pass through your mind, like trains going in circles. I once saw this toy train in Toys'R'us where the train went up and around a mountain. The tracks swirled around and around, and at the top there was this cute little station, with cute little people waiting for the train to arrive. And wouldn't you know it? Once the train reached the station, it didn't stop at all. Those poor little cute people! Still, I would love to own that train set.

Anyway, that is my stumbling block. I can toss and turn in bed for hours before my mind goes wandering off to a distant planet where I find it hard to catch up - that's when I started to drift away. Therefore, to avoid all the unnecessary wild imaginations, I prefer to hit the bed around 2am, when I know I am really tired, and I have to keep telling myself that I need to fall asleep so that I won't be sleepy the next day at work.

But don't you find it amazing how sometimes your brain can conjure up so many thoughts in a split second, giving you splitting headache? By the way, I think that's how the term splitting headache came by, don't you agree? Too many thoughts in a split second equal to splitting headache. Somehow, my mind seems to be on the utmost alert when I'm trying to shut it off. But then again, you don't really shut it off totally when you go to sleep. That's how you ended up with dreaming, your body is asleep but your mind is wandering.

But that is another tale to tell.

9 comments:

rose said...

Ardy,
cold shower is definitely better than the hot one, esp if it's taken before 7 every morning :) anyways, to install a hot shower gizmo is not that expensive nowadays. Talking abt rm600 with installation if you're buying panasonic with the jet pump, hehehe.
Oppss.. didn't introduce myself :( I'm reguular at Ryzah's, and bloghopped to yours from hers :)
Take care :)

ManaL said...

Rose is right....nak pasang hot shower pon pikir lama sgt sampai splitting headaches...

Btw, cold shower = feeling horny. Is that what makes u stay up late?

nachos said...

i like cold showers in the morning..daripada gloomy terus jadi fresh. there was one time when i was in uni, hot water ada orang habiskan, i tak terperasan air sejuk mcm ais, terus curah kat kepala. errgghh.."frozen in time" really describes it. i guess that's why i so like to have cold showers in the morning..heh heh..addicted meh.

i think you have to adjust your biological clock. how? exercise regularly, drink milk before u go to sleep, try to read books rather than watch TV before you go to bed. kalau chronic sangat..hv to ask doctor to give sleeping pills.

Marliza Radzi said...

oh sukar tidur? peritnya.

Spena said...

Ardy, jadi aku senang, macam anak patung yang bila baring, mata dia tutup.When you got to shut down, you just got to shut down. Train your brain to shut down - not even to have any dreams.
Or...maybe you should take up YOGA....hehehe

all jazzed up said...

saya baru install hot shower kat the guest bathroom (spena, ko boleh mandi air panas skarang) and rose it's that panasonic with pump which cost me about rm570. i'm having trouble sleeping too ardy, maybe you can drive over and buy me a quarter pounder! hahah!

ardy said...

Rose,

Thanks for dropping by :) I'm actually waiting until I can move to my own place, I'm renting at the moment so there's no point installing it yet.

Manal,

My basketball friends used to call me horny dude. I wonder why?

ardy said...

Nachos,

For a while, I read Hawking's Brief History of Time and that seems to work. But then it started to get interesting and I got hooked to it!

AM,

Just mild imsomnia, nothing serious ;)

ardy said...

Spena,

I wish I can do that. But most of all, I wish I have that anak patung yang boleh tutup mata when baring!

Jazz,

Ooh, I wouldn't mind that! You can munch on your quarter pounder while I munch on my cheeseburger, then I'll rasmikan your hot shower in your guest bathroom.