Thursday, August 16

My favourite mistake



Quotes from this week's episode:




Meredith: [narrating] The thing about plans is they don't take into account the unexpected, so when we're thrown a curve ball, whether its in the O.R. or in life, we have to improvise. Of course, some of us are better at it than others. Some of us just have to move on to plan B, and make the best of it. And sometimes what we want is exactly what we need. But sometimes, sometimes what we need is a new plan.

Izzie: Hours. Hours of our life that are all I can think about and you seriously can't remember?
George: Look, Izzie, I was drunk. Whatever I did, whatever I said, I'm sure I didn't mean it.
Izzie: Yes, George, you meant it. You meant it a lot. You meant it more than once.

Mark: Don't wear the glasses. You fiddle with them, it makes you look indecisive. And stop stressing, it will be like any other job interview. What do you consider your strengths? What do you consider your weaknesses? What do you consider your weaknesses?
Addison: I don't have any. I'm that good. What are yours?
Mark: I'm an easy mark for evil redheads.
Addison: Trust me, you have other weaknesses. Obviously, you are a man-whore.
Mark: Correction, I was a man-whore.
Addison: Yeah, well, while you're bragging about that to the board, Colin Marlow is pitching his ten-year plan.
Mark: Ten-year plan? Is that a requirement?
Addison: It is now.

Addison: Is...is that a...?
Izzie: Dollhouse. Yeah, the lights work and everything, it's the perfect little home.
Addison: Did you have a dollhouse growing up?
Izzie: I had sex last night...with the wrong person. But the thing is it didn't feel wrong at the time. It felt like everything was falling into place. So, what do I do?
Addison: What am I? The go-to person for adultery?
Izzie: No...no...I just...I just don't know what to do.
Addison: You stop, that's what you do.
Izzie: Are you sure? How do you know, that it feels so right because it's gods plan?
Addison: God wants you to be an adulterer?
Izzie: God got a virgin pregnant by magic. God is not playing by the rules.

Nina: I should have brought her in sooner. The first time she threw up. I knew better.
Callie: Nina, there was nothing any of us could...
Nina: No. It was a mistake.
Izzie: Your mother...talked to me. She wasn't ready to leave you but she was ready to leave her body.
Nina: Please, I don't need you to explain the relative comforts of death for my mother.
Izzie: What she was afraid of was that you had taken on so much of her disease that you had frozen up to. You spent so much time planning and helping her avoid risk, god knows that's what you should have been doing, but she was worried...You have a healthy body, Nina. If you fall down you won't turn to stone and you're mom so wanted you to fall. Messing up is what makes a person. It's how you learn, where you find joy in the things you don't plan for. The things you never see coming.

Meredith: How was your interview?
Derek: Not great. It wasn't great. I was distracted.
Meredith: By what?
Derek: Nothing. I don't know.
Meredith: On a scale of 1 to 10 how bad is it?
Derek: Eight.
Meredith: [kisses him] How about now?
Derek: Seven.
Meredith: [kisses him] How about now?
Derek: Six... five... four... three...

14 comments:

nachos said...

oh my god, i said exactly the same thing (as meredith)to a friend 2 years ago. life was quite tough on me then, one just need to improvise when the initial plan didnt work out as well as one expected. keep doing that, then u will find the road keeps getting wider and easier. dont expect other people to understand your doings, because they wont be able to..but their support and just the thought that they are there for you will keep you going and going and going..until you reach there.

Cosmic_GurL said...

Dont you just love how Mer can always make Derek feel better and at the same drives him crazy? Heheh...

Each epi will have one or 2 scenes that will always make me cry..Shonda Rhimes is a good writer la

hanazita said...

nachos.. kau bukak blog sendiri la. you were always the first one to comment in ardy's, dnas's,spena's and jazz's blog..

ardy..you have more than half of the infamous nss club members lepaking at your blog.. maybe we should invite you as guess of honour for our next meeting.. some stripping required though.

zewt said...

you seem like a hardcore grey's anatomy fan eh? i finished season 3 already :)

Marliza Radzi said...

I adore Addison! sangat menawan!

nachos said...

hanazie..hang takleh tengok aku senang sikit..like i told dnas, am practicing le. btw ardy, really loike yr blog, coz if i missed any epi of GA, u will always be there to fill in the gaps..hi hi.

ardy said...

Nachos,

Glad you find the place helpful. I try to include all the deleted dialogues due to censorship, because believe me, even GA also got censored! Of course, another reason to like GA is the fact that you can always relate it to real life ;)

Cosmic_gurl,

Oh yeah, I feel the same way too! I guess being in love, you just can't help it.

ardy said...

Hanazie,

Haha, thanks! I don't mind a little action. I can even do that wiggle your bottom dance, but of course if you lose your appetite, don't blame me now! (at least I get all the food, woohoo!)

Zewt,

Thanks for dropping by :) Yeah, I really love the series. Lucky you, you must have downloaded the whole season eh?

ardy said...

AM,

Especially when she puts on her glasses. So intellect-looking!

all jazzed up said...

ardy, ooohh.. ada invitation ke NSSC nampaknya... hehehe... things r getting hotter...hahahah! At least it's better than being in prison. But we more ganas than the prison wardens. Tanya hanazie.

nachos said...

jazzy dear, ganas konon..hang..lepas kenyang atas couch tengah duduk pun boleh zzzz....kalau tak makan lg yess you can be really ganass.

ardy said...

Jazz,

I can't simply imagine how ganas you all can be ;) But it's definitely intriguing! Heheh

Nachos,

Better feed her first then, I don't want to be the mangsa keadaan ;)

zewt said...

yup... have it in my hard drive still if you want :P

ardy said...

Zewt,

Heheh, it's okay, I prefer to wait and watch every week, it makes my Wednesday the best day of the week!