Wednesday, October 17

Book of revelation

Sometimes, we got confused and disorientated with the things that happened around us. It might leave us feeling helpless, and rendered us incapable of making a decision. We can't think straight, and all our options seem limited.

So we sleep over it, with hopes that we'll wake up as a different person, in a different world. But that never happens, and we'll still wake up being ourselves, facing the same problems.

It is very important to identify the feelings involved when faced with a problem. Most of the time, we are at lost because we are unsure of how we feel about a particular situation. A feeling of apprehensive and anxiety will exist, but apart from that, there are many other feelings that surfaced at the same time. The ability to know and acknowledge these feelings is very important, because it is the first step towards recovery.

I never dealt with my problems properly back then because I was never alert with what my real feelings were. When I was unceremoniously dumped in my previous relationship, I let myself wallow in self-pity, and let my emotions got the better of me. For a very long time, I went through life feeling dazed and confused, and being unhappy with life. I shut myself out, hid away from the world, and stopped seeing other people. I spent most of my time sleeping, hoping that it was all an elaborate dream. I turned myself into a social outcast, believing that I did not deserve the best of life, knowing that whatever I did will never bring me happiness.

Ever again.

Boy, was I wrong, big time! I have never been so wrong in my life. But this time, I let myself aged a hundred years before realizing that life never screws you up. Life never spits you out and leaves you in the ditch. Life never abandons you and let you rot alone in an unmarked grave.

You did all that to yourself. And only you can undo the damages.

But to do so, you need to know your own feelings. You need to be able to empathize with yourself. You need to go through the hurt and pain head on, and embrace it to your bosom. You have to face the truth, and endure the backlash. And finally, when you realized the enormity of the situation, you will finally understand.

And you will never be the same anymore. Because you have evolved. From a mere mortal, to an immortal. You have attained the secret to happiness. And you hold the key to life's greatest mystery.

But most of all, you will be happy.

6 comments:

sharlydia said...

I'm happy after the reading this long article coz towards the end, somehow i felt that u've found that key - BE HAPPY, ALWAYS!

Anonymous said...

Only apathy resides in me.

Bakawali said...

Happiness is a state of mind that rests only one person, yourself.

Self pity is an easy way out for everything.When that fails, blame others.

As for me, I am happy when my family or friends are happy for there is no joy in seeing a loved one suffer, may that be emotionally or physically

Cosmic_GurL said...

Aaahhh..yes! U need to embrace it. Only then u'll be at peace with whatever that has happened.

I always believed that we create our own happiness. We cant depend on people to make us happy. Occasionally ppl will surprise us and make us smile. More often than not it's up to us to appease ourselves.

ardy said...

Sharlydia,

It's so simple, isn't it? I wish I can spread the happiness around :)

Seademon,

Good things come to those who waits patiently.

ardy said...

Bakawali,

I'm glad you have a positive outlook on life. We need more people like you out there! :)

Cosmic_gurl,

I agree. Our quality of life can be greatly improved if we make ourselves happy.