Thursday, September 20

The perfect kiss

Are you a good kisser? Do you remember your first kiss? Your real, first kiss?

I don't think I'm a good kisser. One thing for sure, I'm totally out of practice. I don't know the first thing to do when it comes to kissing. Do I tilt my head to the left or to the right? Do I kiss her upper lip, or lower lip? Should I close my eyes, or should I look into her eyes?

And where should my hands be? Do I grab her head with both hands? Or do I put one hand behind her back? Or maybe my hands should be all over her instead, fondling and feeling her as we kissed.

I have no idea at all.

And how long should a kiss last? What if the moment last forever? Should my lips locked together till eternity? Okay, maybe that sounds ridiculous, but romantic nonetheless. A quick peck on the lips does not count as a kiss, does it?

And let's not get started with the tongue. When, if it's appropriate at all, is the right time to stick my tongue into her mouth? And do I tongue-wrestle? Or just swirl around and suck her saliva? And what about bad breath? How do I react if I'm faced with that?

I'm absolutely clueless.

Of course, the timing too is very important. When is the right time to kiss someone? I don't think you can just go around and kiss other people. And should I ask for permission first, before kissing her? "I'm going to kiss you now", I would tell her, in my most sweet, romantic voice. Or maybe, I should just surprise her, and kiss her without telling her. Maybe I'll get a surprise in return, a good nice slap on my face!

Come to think of it, I don't think I can even remember my first kiss. How sad is that? It must have been something non-magical, no lightning strike, no spine-tingling moment, no goosebumps on the back of my neck, no everlasting moment. Maybe because I did it so badly that I choose to forget all about it. Maybe I was so embarrassed about it that I blocked out the memory inside my mind. But was it really that bad?

It would be nice to have someone, to love and kiss every morning and every night. Every day. Some people who have been married for quite some time tend to take things for granted sometimes, not believing in the power of a kiss, or maybe just refuse to believe in it.

As for me, I'm a romantic fool. I might not be good at it (or so I believe), but I surely like doing it.

23 comments:

Spena said...

Hmmm...my perfect kiss? Is on the forehead....it's sooo romantic and loving.

Anonymous said...

my perfect kiss happened long ago... it was a long n sensual kiss

Hazyr said...

Kak Spena,

I totally agree!! a kiss on the forehead is a show of love instead of a sign of desperate attempt to get into the girl's skirt ;)

coolasais said...

dude,

u must be low in sugar due to fasting..

hence all this romantic sheeet...

;-)

Cosmic_GurL said...

Well, Id like to think that I am a good kisser. No complaints so far. Hahaha!

Whatever you do, make sure the kiss is the lingering one nd take it slow, dont rush it. Gurls dont like to be rushed :P

zewt said...

how can u forget your first kiss??

i remember mine... there were a lot of... saliva...

ardy said...

Spena,

I think you watched too many Malay movies :p

Daniel,

I hope you still get that every now and then ;) Thanks for dropping by.

ardy said...

Hazyr,

Hey, what's wrong with trying to get into a girl's skirt?

Coolasais,

Not only low in sugar, I'm also low in love, brother! (gimme some loving, yeah!)

ardy said...

Cosmic_gurl,

Lingering, slow kiss.. I keep that in mind! Thanks for the tips :)

Zewt,

I think it happened a long time ago, and there were probably blood and swollen tongues ;)

coolasais said...

dude,

as we always say - no marnee, no honey! ha ha ha..

Lingering, slow kiss aaa..sounds YUMMY! ;-)

ardy said...

Coolasais,

Can money buy lingering, slow kiss?

dazzles stars said...

ooh? i'm not yet getting my first kiss..*shy*

well, maybe im not mature enough..

Anonymous said...

Hmm...I was 13 when I was first kissed on the lips. She was 12 years my senior. Very good looking lady too. So I had a good head start in terms of kissing. How I'd rate how I kiss...I'll never know because I have never kissed myself.

Now, I only put both hands behind the head of my partner if and when she is kneeling down in front of me and...eh, I'm fasting.

Naughty topic this!

ardy said...

Nurunnajma,

One day you will, one day you will :)

Seademon,

Are we talking about the same lips here? Heheh, but it seems to me you really had a very early start!

Anonymous said...

Well, seademon may be talking bout another type of kiss that may also be as perfect as one wants it.. It's a matter of preference....hehehe

As for me the perfect kiss is...hmmmm.... too difficult to be described in words.... *I am now imagining it in my mind*

Anonymous said...

Bakawali...you are a pervert.

Go to the hospital now and do your rounds.

v k i n i s m said...

Hahaha.... nice post and nice comments too... :) Kisses for everyone!! xxxxx

ardy said...

Bakawali,

It's a wonder what our imagination can do for us, don't you agree? ;)
I, for one, would be definitely lost without my wild imaginations.

Seademon,

It's more like the pot calling the kettle black! ;)

ardy said...

Vkin,

Thanks! I will be claiming that kiss next time I see you ;)

Anonymous said...

Ardy...I'm innocently perverted. Sometimes I am pervertedly innocent.

ardy said...

Seademon,

Sounds the same to me though, heheh.

ManaL said...

1st kiss was at hyde park, london.

Am i a good kisser? no, I am a great kisser!! (totally infectious that those lads can never forget me ever!...ok now i sound like so promiscuous)


It's a baby step at a time before both man and woman mutually agreed to lock their lips. Tongue may get involved when u r already at a more intimate level (or feeling like u r intimate already). But tongues just make u hornier!

Where u wanna put ur hands depend also on ur kissing position, whether u r standing facing each other, sitting and so on. But do not be gelojoh touching everywhere on the 1st kiss. Do it like u really mean it gently and with dignity. Holding her body without lotta gropings wud steady her up. U dont really have to cup her face or hold her head to u unless u r the one who made the 1st move. If the kiss is reciprocated equally, she'll press her lips on u too.

Jgn batal puasa ok?

ardy said...

Manal,

Ah, where were you when I needed you? ;) I wouldn't have botched my first attempt of a kiss if I knew all this beforehand, instead of learning everything I need to know from some old James Bond movie.