Saturday, September 8

Ardyana

Once upon a time, I was in a long distance relationship. Actually, that was my first real relationship.

My first real love.

It lasted for a year.

Then she dumped me for another man, a friend of mine, who was always there by her side, while I was across the globe, thousands of miles away, thinking and dreaming about her.

And missing her all the same.

I still keep all her letters. Two boxes full of them. Hidden safely in my wardrobe at home. The letters are a reminder to me of my first sweet love, innocent and carefree, true and loyal (on my part).

I can still remember the morning she called, and asked for a break. And all I thought at that time was she was asking me out for breakfast! How wrong I was!

Life was never the same again after that. I never had proper closure, I never met her again. I never laid my eyes on her again eversince our first encounter. I never had the chance to tell her how broken and wrecked I was.

And I lived with that regret in my life. And the burden of an unrequited love, casting a dark shadow upon my life.

She is married now, of that I knew. And I have let her go, the grains of love in my hourglass has dried. Yet, I could not stop myself thinking about her sometimes, thinking about what might have been, and what might have happened, if we were never apart.

Probably nothing. If it was not meant to be, it was not meant to be.

10 comments:

zewt said...

hey bro... time to really let it go... she is already married.

anyway... i do know how you feel... matters of the heart, always complicated. and now u know... the power of presence... the value of 'being there'.

ardy said...

Zewt,

I know, I know. I was just reminiscing. You know what they said about your first love. I have moved on eversince that. Of course, you can't just help but wonder sometimes. Heh.

coolasais said...

ardyana - name combination ke ni? ...

ha ha ha..cheesy siut!

ardy said...

Coolasais,

Hohoh! Biasalah, remaja sedang bercinta kan ;)

Hazyr said...

emmm... have to say, memang cheesy! :P

Having said that, there was a 'RNA' before (ribonucleic acid tuh, giler scientific!)...sheesh..

ardy said...

Hazyr,

Who's cheesy now! RNA sound a whole lot cheesier :p

sharlydia said...

this is my first drop-by at your blog, and i realised alot of your posts are TV-related! haha!

But this one...is something which touched my heart...Once upon the time, I was like ur gf having a long distance relationship and then broke up coz i fell in love with some1 else...I felt sorry ofcoz but i think i have to be selfish at that point of time...

I decided to blog it down now...check out my blog after today for the story if u'r interested...

ardy said...

Sharlydia,

Thanks for dropping by :) Yeah, I'm a TV addict! And at least your part is justified, you met someone you eventually married.

Unknown said...

It has been ages since i last logged in... my new life as a student does not permit me to be online as often as before. Love the story, the first will always something to remember eventhough it does not go as we want it. Anyhow I am happy now... ;) Really miss reading your blog laa..

ardy said...

Lily,

Glad to see you're still around, and happy :) Do drop by often, and update your blog too! ;) The course you're doing sounds like a lot of fun!