Friday, September 7

Desire



Quotes from this week's episode:





Meredith: [narrating] As interns we know what we want...to become surgeons. And will do anything to get there... Suffer through killer exams, endure 100-hour weeks, stand for hours on end operating rooms. You name it we'll do it. The tough part though is reconciling this huge thing we want, to be surgeons, with everything else we want.

Celeste: It's not what you think. I mean it is...it's...it's just not an affair. Though I guess, technically it is. We're in love. The kind of love you think you're never gonna find and then you do and the fact that he's married seems a small price to pay for being happy, you know? At least most of the time but then five years go by and he still hasn't left his wife...you must think I'm a terrible person.
Addison and George: No, no, no.
Addison: No judgment whatsoever.
Celeste: I mean, I know, I should leave him, it's just...do you have any idea how rare it is to find someone you can work and play with. And we love each other. How wrong can it be?

Bailey: I know, I said you could use the day to study but we've got an all hands on deck situation.
Cristina: A bad car accident?
Meredith: Multiple gunshot wounds?
Bailey: A penis, Chairman of the board's penis.
Meredith: What's wrong with it?
Bailey: His testicles have swollen which is the understatement of the year.
Cristina: Fantastic how much? No, don't tell me. Let it be a surprise.
Bailey: Look, you and Grey can take him for his ultrasound and his x-rays.
Cristina: The VI Penis.

Callie: Right. So how's your man whore? Miraculously reformed?
Addison: For now. He's never going to turn into what I want.
Callie: Which is.
Addison: The whole thing. I want someone stable who barbeques and teaches little kids how to play catch. And is not Mark Sloan. Which doesn't explain why I've spent the entire day looking at Alex Karev like a puppy and a chew toy.
Callie: Why don't you just go there already?
Addison: Because! He doesn't barbeque either. Plus, he's like twelve years old and can fit all of his belongings in a milk crate.
Callie: I don't know. Guys like Karev...at least you know, he'll never lie to you. Guys like him, they mess around in their twenties but then they, you know, pack it in and teach their kids to play catch.
Addison: Maybe. I need to stop thinking about both of them.

Meredith: Talk about divine retribution.
Izzie: What?
Meredith: He sleeps with his assistant and a carnivorous fish lodges itself in his penis. That's instant karma if I've ever seen it.
Cristina: Yeah, well Derek wasn't struck by lightning and neither were you.
Meredith: Addison showed up. I had months of pain and self-loathing, Crazy ranting mother and a near drowning off the side of a dock. I mean, it's not fish in my hoo-hoo but it's certainly not an easy ride.
Cristina: Yeah, well, I've cheated on my boyfriends and I'm fine. Am I the only one?

George: What's your problem?
Izzie: My problem...is you. You're my penis fish.
George: Your what?
Izzie: You've crawled in and latched on and now I can't move or talk or think or even pee without the nagging feeling that something is eating through my organs.
George: You don't even have a penis. How am I the fish?
Izzie: It's a metaphor, George.
George: What happened to us being fine?
Izzie: I don't know. Maybe we're not.

Alex: It's always a nice bonus when the patient doesn't die.
Jane Doe: You and red make a pretty good team.
Alex: Don't tell Sloan.
Jane Doe: Oh, she and Sloan aren't happening. She wants you.
Alex: How do you know that?
Jane Doe: I know everything remember. Heard her talking to the ortho doc about how she wants someone who barbeques and plays catch. She wants someone who's committed.
Alex: Yeah, well, that's not me.
Jane Doe: I hate to tell you this, but it is. You may talk tough but you're a decent guy, Alex. Whether you want to admit it or not, you're actually one of the good ones.

George: Mrs. Jennings, your husband's out of surgery. Everything went very well.
Nancy: Oh...oh thank you. Thank you. That's...that's wonderful. The doctor will be down to fill you in soon. Dr. O'Malley, do me a favor. Could you go tell Celeste? She's a basket case and I just don't have it in me to take care of my husband's girlfriend right now. (George looks shocked) Of course I know. The wife always knows.

Addison: Mark, we need to um...we should go get a drink...and maybe talk. Do you have some time? I just...something's always wrong...with you and me.
Mark: You don't wanna have a drink with me. I'm not what you're looking for.
Addison: What are you talking about?
Mark: I slept with someone, couldn't hold out. Once a man-whore, always a man-whore, right?

Meredith: [narrating] To often, the thing you want most is the one thing you can't have. Desire leaves us heartbroken; it wears us out. Desire can wreck your life. But as tough as wanting something can be...the people who suffer the most...are those who don't know what they want.

2 comments:

hanazita said...

alamakk.. missed this episod. totally knock out by 10pm. It's the drowsy flu medicine's fault.
Too bad I can't watch the sunday re-run too. Going down to JB this weekend.
Is the dvd out yet?

ardy said...

Hanazie,

The DVD is out. You can actually get the whole of season 3 in HP in JB.