Wednesday, September 26

Dial *100#

Did you hear about the Hotlink Super Savers? You pay RM2 and you get unlimited talktime from 12am to 12pm for that particular day. Or you can even choose unlimited SMS for the same period of time. Of course this only applies for Maxis to Maxis numbers. Sounds like a good deal, right?

The promotion is in full blast. The advertisement is on TV every 10 minutes or so - start saving with Hotlink. Just a few days ago, they had a roadshow near my place, with beautiful sexy girls in red walking around selling the product. And from the looks of it, there were a lot of suckers that day, especially men (I would be one too if I haven't used Hotlink yet). How can you say no to beautiful sexy girls in red talking so close to your face that you can smell their breath? So I bought those RM10 top-up cards, since saying no is just inappropriate in this kind of situation. Yeah, I know. I'm a sucker.

Anyway, the thing that pisses me is the fact that I have been trying for the past week to get the unlimited talktime offer, to no avail. The network is always busy, the server is always down, and tonight, the whole thing was sold out. I mean, why bother with the promotions and all, if in the end, all you going to do is pissed people like me? I can't watch my favourite TV shows in peace because of the stupid add. It's in every single break of commercial. How annoying is that?

And nevermind who I'm going to call in the middle of the night if I did get through. All I want is the choice to make the call, but now, I don't have the choice, because I didn't get the supersavers deal.

That's the thing about commercials. They promise you a lot of things. The food always looks good on TV. The perfume seems to smell nicer on TV (especially if there's Scarlett Johansson in it). And then there's the Proton I-care commercial. I'm sure a lot of you out there drives a Proton, and has been to a Proton Service Centre. Somehow, what you get is not like what you see on TV.

Especially when you drive a Tiara. Most of the time, it would be excuses, no more parts or very hard to get parts, expensive because it's complicated and all the other bullshits. And the labour charge is almost triple from the other workshops. I don't mind if I'm getting a good service, but with all that crap, I'd rather send my car to the workshop near my place.

If there's a law that allow me to sure these advertisers, I would definitely do. I did consider about it a few years back, when a particular detergent didn't give the effect as promised. But upon consulting my lawyer friend, he advised me that it would just be a waste of time. And money.

Yes, I know. I really had nothing better to do at that time.

5 comments:

Marliza Radzi said...

eurgh annoying nya.

but my fiance dah guna Proton I-Care service tu few times and dia macam puas hati je.

Cik Puan Sri Quzz said...

now..whats ur cellie no? maybe we could purposely bump into one another in Sunway?

ardy said...

AM,

It works for some people. Sadly, not for me though.

Aphroditekuzz,

I think that can be arranged :)

Cik Puan Sri Quzz said...

me waiting...

ardy said...

Aphroditekuzz,

Drop me an email then :)