Wednesday, July 11

What dreams may come

It's funny how folks tend to open up to strangers. The comfort of strangers, they might say. You might be wary when you talk about personal stuffs to your friends, especially if it involves really intimate or humiliating details. Of course, that is what a best friend's for, but what if you don't have one?

But it's easier to open up with strangers who seem to care.

Now, don't get me wrong. I don't think anyone would just walk up to you while you are waiting for the LRT, and start babbling about his desire to fondle his sister. No, that will not happen. A stranger who cares normally have this aura of careness, if there is such a word, and that attracts people of all ages to talk to this stranger. He might be someone in a worn-out clothes, or someone with a messy hair, or even someone with a pink necktie. It doesn't matter how he looks like, or what he wears. He doesn't even have to smile, just let the aura do everything.

Recently, I acquired this so-called-aura, and before I could get used to it, or hide it well, someone approached me. A complete stranger. Totally out of the blue. And just like that, the person poured out her heart to me. We moved to a nearby stall, and for almost 4 hours, she just talked, cried and talked more. I didn't have to do anything, except to sip my hot tea and nod my head occasionally.

It was a weird experience, and it left me drained at the end of the session. The emotional trauma was there, the problems were real. It's a wonder she had survived this far.

We all live our life the best way we could. Or at least tried. We want the best for everything and the biggest of everything (except for a big ass, no one wants a big ass). It's how and what we are taught from a very early age. But somewhere along our lives, the people around us, the environment, and the world change the way we think. And we grow up being less than perfect, and running into all sorts of problems.

But that is part of being human. And if you think it's easier to be a cat instead, you are wrong. My cat is pregnant again, and she's been carrying her babies for quite some time now. She's depressed, and distressed, because she's pregnant again. And from the looks of it, I think there are at least 5 kittens inside.

What's a cat to do? Especially when she's always horny and the stranger kind enough to feed her everyday is too busy to take her to the vet. She just can't go to the clinic and tell the doctor to fix her up. She's a cat.

And here we are complaining about being human.

Would you like to be a cat now?

9 comments:

Hazyr said...

Bravo bravo!

Such a 'deep' topic for your first post.. keep up the good work!

* they are people out there who wished their ass are bigger, you know.. Nicole Kidman is one..I read it somewhere (can't believe I remember useless info such as this!)

* yup, it's hard being a cat. One of mine just got run off by a car and died instantly.. Actually, she was Hasbi's but she's been forever with us and she was from my breed (ok, not really 'mine' but my cat's)

Hazyr said...

gosh.. grammatical errors in your first ever comment, not good eh? :)

it should be *there are people...
not they. sorry doc!

anyway, is this the complicated case that you're not supposed to spill out? ;)

ardy said...

hazyr,

Thanks, and I'm just warming up! you know you're just like betty (in ugly betty), she remembers useless facts too. bur you're prettier than her(I know, it's a mere consolation being prettier than someone called ugly betty)

Unknown said...

I had just spent this few days with a stranger which I just got to know whom I already classified as a friend. He had been through so much until I felt like I was watching a "cerekarama". It had somehow made me think how lucky I am. Keep on writing key...

ardy said...

lily,

We are all lucky, lucky to be alive and to have such good friends surrounding us. Of course some of us are lucky enough to be rich ;)

coolasais said...

Go Gunners! ha ha ha

ardy said...

coolasais,

Would be fun to watch the gunners being gunned down next season, by portsmouth and sunderland! hohoh!

- guile - said...

opening up to people is sometimes a therapy. it makes you feel opened, naked (mental-state ya) and vulnerable as well. but letting it out to a stranger helps to get a different perspective of our current life. some people perceive things differently than any of us, and there are times, you need to get that different perspective.

ardy said...

guile,

And strangers are less judgemental, compared to your friends. Weird huh?