Saturday, July 21

Psychodrama

Rage. Intensifying rage. It can cause you to do anything. It can make you cross that line, the line you've drawn and sworn not to cross. It can make you loose your mind, and be somebody else, somebody you never knew you could be.

And it can change your life.

The human mind is weak. We can be influenced easily by our surroundings and the people around us. We break when put under intense pressure. We fold and run when faced with a major crisis.

Sometimes, we even wish that we can just shut off the mind, dull the pain.

Or even reboot it. Start anew. Fresh. Clean slate.

But running is never a solution. Trying to forget is also not a solution. And letting rage takes control of your life is definitely not a solution too.

I was watching Criminal Minds last night and the episode really shaken me to bits. My blood ran cold, and my weak heart was telling me not to watch anymore. I have to say, Criminal Minds deal with the behaviour of the criminals, and focus less on the crime. Unlike CSI, it touches more on the human side, and why people do what they do. And the exploration into the mind of the unsub can be really scary sometimes. You can see how broken and twisted someone can be, to push them to commit things that they won't normally do.

The unsub this time was a bank robber. But he wasn't your typical ordinary bank robber, go in, rob and flee. He was a twisted sadistic robber, who forced the hostages to strip and performed certain sexual deeds in front of everybody. And it got worse as he went on a rampage. He even killed those who refused him, including children. And it was up to the BAU team to get him before he kills again.

Anyway, you can read (if you missed the episode) about it all here.

Sometimes, when all that matters failed, we create our own fantasies in our mind. And we live those fantasies in the real world.

And I know I'm capable of that. Now that, is a scary thought.

7 comments:

ManaL said...

Man, why the couch potato and paranoia....go out la jumpa si ryzah....:-D

People learn a lot from the tv. But yea la sometimes i just hooked meself on those weekend CSI specials and surprised my sisters how i guessed this n that and why they chose to use that method and all. Simple tricks: dont generalised and dont jump into conclusion and be suspicious too early.

ardy said...

Manal,

Ryzah is busy with someone else, she has no time for me anymore ;)

TV is my best friend now ;)

I think, after a while watching the same show for quite some time, we'll be able to see the trend, and expect the surprises in hand. That's why I stopped watching Lost, the show is getting tiresome (okay, main reason is because I don't have Astro at home)

coolasais said...

mmmm...kate@evangelina lily in Lost is hot!

Hazyr said...

oh oh! did I sense a hint of jealousy there? hehe..

manal, ardy is always a tv-maniac.. he won't even answer your call whenever his favourite shows are on..teruk kan? :)

coolasais, update your blog ler!

ardy said...

coolasais,

Hohoh, jumping ships now eh? Since when do you like Lost?

hazyr,

Nah, I'm not jealous, as long as I can hug and kiss my TV ;)

Marliza Radzi said...

reboot the mind? interesting. "blessed are the forgetfuls"

ardy said...

AM,

Have you seen The Butterfly Effect(starring Ashton Kutcher)? I think he wiped out his memory to forget about his dead girlfriend (or something along that line)