Monday, July 23

Disappearing Megan

A few days ago, a friendly voice called me up and talked me into seeing her at her workplace. You see, she's a sales consultant and she works in a gym.

Being a polite person (and a sucker) as I am, I set the appointment and drove to PJ one rainy night. She promised me a 7-days free pass, and a free gift. Being a sucker to the word free, I gladly said yes to her. She also has this nice sweet voice, kinda flirty, and being a sucker to nice sweet flirty voice, I was punctual and kept to my appointed time.

You see, I'm such a sucker.

I reached the newly opened shopping mall 15 minutes early. Not knowing how much they charge for the parking fees inside the mall, and seeing that there was a good parking spot just outside of the mall, I parked my car there and walked up to the gym. I went up to the front desk and smiled at the girl in purple uniform there.

"I have an appointment with Megan at 9", I told her confidently.

She ushered me to a waiting area with posh seats and plenty of other sales consultants pitching to potential customers.

After a while, a guy in purple uniform approached me, introduced himself as Jay, and started asking me questions.

I wasn't expecting a guy. I was expecting a female with a nice sweet flirty voice by the name of Megan. And judging by the name, Megan should be a hottie. I know Megan Shaughnessy, and she has great legs. And I always have a soft spot for Megan Follows because she played my favourite character ever in a movie. And don't let me get started with Megan Fox, now she is a sex bomb.

"What happened to Megan?" I enquired the fast talking Jay.

Jay apologised on Megan's behalf for not being able to meet me now. He then proceeded to give me a quick tour of the facilities, which included an under construction 30m swimming pool. We were breezing by everything, which I didn't really like, because I was hoping for something like a grand tour. Megan promised me a 30 minutes tour.

But Jay is Jay, and not Megan, so the tour ended in less than 10 minutes. Of course, by this time, my interest has waned away. I wasn't even given a free gift, as promised by Megan. And instead of a 7-days free pass, all I got was a 4-days free pass.

I voiced out my disappointment to Jay, where he apologized yet again and proceeded to give me lame excuses. That was when I know that my time there was done.

I half-heartedly thanked him and left the gym.

Seeing that this is a new mall, I decided to browse around. But nothing has yet to open, except for a Coffee Bean and a Subway. I got myself a foot-long sandwich, and headed to my car. It was raining quite heavily at that time, so I had to wait for a while before I can walk to the car.

I was feeling dejected because overall, it was a wasted trip. The only consolation I could think of was the sandwich I bought, because it really looked appetizing, and I was really hungry at the time.

The rain eased a bit, and I headed home.

Little did I know that I had a surprise waiting for me when I got home. Tuck neatly but very wet on my windscreen underneath the wiper, is a ticket.

Apparently I parked at a no-parking area, and now I owe MBPJ RM100.

Did I mention that I am a sucker?

9 comments:

Spena said...

I got one too! Until now it is still not settled yet.

Hazyr said...

gosh, a RM100 ticket and no Megan? yup yup..you're a sucker! Maybe it's you turn to mandi bunga pulak..heheh..

Go and pay early, you'll get great discount you know. Remember the period when I received quite a few, one after another? I managed to get 70% for all.

~ said...

hey there ardy,

MBPJ tickets? hmmmm my colleagues got them countless times. and i got twice. PJ area is really hard to get parking, true.

btw, my office is near to the supermarket u mentioned. never visited the fitness ctr there tho.

coolasais said...

dude,

ha ha ha. Melayu mmg mudah lupa!

u remember Andy (also used to be in purple uniform)?
now he's with another GYM, the one i frequent. wtf!

MBPJ? or is it MPPJ?

ardy said...

spena,

Yeah, let's wait for some sort of anniversary, then they will offer some discounts!

hazyr,

Really? If I pay early I can get 70% discount? Are you sure? Really sure? Because I was planning to ignore it actually.

Mandi bunga eh? What's that place name where you did yours? ;)

ardy said...

tissot,

The thing that pissed me was the ticket was issued at 9.30pm! And I thought it was save to park anywhere at night. Shouldn't these enforcement people go home to their wives and family after 5pm?

coolasais,

Hohoh! does he still remember you? He sucks anyway! And PJ dah jadi bandaraya, no more MPPJ!

(and they still suck!)

~ said...

Ardy,
u still get tickets when u park sebarangan in Bangsar at night. i believe, DBKL and MBPJ (or mebbe others too) use 'sub-cons' to patrol the areas and issue the tickets. so they're watching us 24hours.

oh btw... if u go to MBPJ office, u'll see LOTS of ppl queuing to pay the tickets. and the staff will ASK u to fill the 'rayuan' form to reduce your RM100 ticket. Once the staff said to me: "awak nak bayar RM100 ke? pegi isi borang rayuan tu, boleh bayar kurang"

Marliza Radzi said...

oh God. kasihan you.

MBSA saman orang malam2 juga. go home lah, enforcers! malam2pun nak kerja.

ardy said...

Tissot,

ooh.. how much do you have to pay after you fill up the borang rayuan? Heh, I think that's where they get most of their revenues, from tickets and billboard ads. Filthy rich but didn't want to declare their financial statement (or something like that)

AM,

Would you believe it or not, that was my first ever ticket! Hohoh!