Tuesday, July 17

The night listener

I believe in love. And in everything associated with love. I believe that I am a good lover, loyal and considerate, true and caring. I believe that you can never love someone too much. I believe that when I give my heart away, I will never get it back again.

And so I love wholeheartedly.

This is what happened when you have faith in love. You read too many sappy fictions, watch too many movies with happy endings, and watch people around you get married and raise a family. And you look at your parents and you envy them.

Yes, I do envy them. They've gone through hardships, raised 5 children, worked and prayed for happiness, and God answered their prayers. It might not be all sugar and spice along the way. No, it was filled with tears and heartbreaks and pain. But at the end of the day, it was all worthwhile.

And they are happy.

I want to be like them. I want to be happy. I want to raise my own kids. I want to go through hardships, because I believe going through hard times build your character and values. I want to cry and laugh and be able to share my deepest fear with my other half. And I want to grow old together, waking up next to each other every morning, and going to sleep comfortably at night, knowing I'm sleeping next to the person I love. And knowing that if I wake up in the middle of the night, I can hear her breathing softly next to me, and I can put my face near to hers and feel the warmth from her breath, and listen to her breathing. And watching her sleep.

Life can't get any better than that.

Because in the end, what matters most, is the person you love. The person you want to grow old together.

Have you found that person yet?

14 comments:

Hazyr said...

Once upon a time, I used to have all those hopes and dreams too.. but somewhere along the way,I gave up.

Maybe some of us are not meant to be eternally happy.. not in the relationship-sense anyway.

Good luck to you mate! Atleast one of us still keep the candles burning ;)

Unknown said...

I thought I have found that person but I was wrong, excepting it as faith.

I am joining hazyr... I had stopped hoping. Living a day at a time, grabbing all the opportunities in front me without hoping. I might sounded pathetic but I love my life. I love myself, I love all the things I have, I tried not to regret what I don't have.

Everyone has their own share of happiness, and maybe some is without that person.

ManaL said...

Ala2 mills and boones jer...(the ideal picture).

So what if she snores and farts bau petai at night, u gonna lose ur attraction towards ur wife already?

Terima saja la masing2 seadanya...

Busan kan, some smug married people (re:bridget jones)...if God intended that u gonna marry and stay married, there's no need to undermine those who arent in the same shoes. And vice versa to anyone who is not married (celibate la especially).

coolasais said...

dude,
no marnee no honey!
conclusion, getsalot of marnee then...

ardy said...

Hazyr & Lily,

"Never give up, never surrender!"
-Tim Allen in Galaxy Quest

"Hope is a carrot dangled in front of the donkey, to keep it moving"
-Raistlin Majere in Dragonlance

ardy said...

Manal,

Heheh, couldn't agree with you more. I have friends who are single who just love to be single, and flaunt it every chance they could.

I'm not looking for the perfect someone, I'm just looking for that someone! (anyone will do, as some of my friends will vouch, I'm a machine gun. I don't choose!)

ardy said...

Coolasais,

Dude, if I want honey I will get it of the shelves in Carrefoure!

Or maybe from the pakcik at the pasar malam, who is always there promoting his natural honey.

Unknown said...

ardy,

I had found another love. My love to the underwater world. Bila nak join me diving? ;) In 12 hours time I will be at a heaven on earth.

all jazzed up said...

the worse thing is to realize halfway through your marriage that the person you are sharing your life with is actually NOT the person that you WANT to share your life with. im not making sense but it's friday afternoon :)

ardy said...

Lily,

You must be in underwater haven by now! How I wish I can be anywhere but here! I'm all fired up, so when is your next trip? ;)

all jazzed up,

Now, that would really put you in a pickle. It's sad knowing that as easy as people fall in love, as easy they can fall out of love too. And yes, I'm not making any sense too ;)

Unknown said...

Ardy...

The trip was superb!! Beautiful!! Love the dives and the company. My next trip will be on the 10-12 August. It is for my Advance Open Water Diver (AOWD) cert... wooohoooo!!

ardy said...

Lily,

I see that I have a lot of catching up to do ;)

Marliza Radzi said...

yes :-)

ardy said...

AM,

You're lucky :)