Thursday, July 26

The eternity dance

"May I steal your date for a moment?" He asked after a long period of gathering his will and strength.

"Well, only for a moment, okay," the boy answered.

"I promise, I'll return her to you in one piece", he winked.

He ushered her towards the dance floor. She was a bit reluctant, since dancing was not really her specialty. But he assured her, and the dance floor was dim, and so she followed. The music was flowing, and they were playing Selena's 'I could fall in love'. He smiled at her, took a deep breath, held her hand and wrapped his other hand around her waist, And slowly they danced, awkwardly at first, but getting better and better as the song went on.

"You like me, don't you?" She asked, trying to break the silence and his stare. He blushed even more.

"It shows, isn't it?" He replied, trying to sound casual.

"Yup, your face is red!" She giggled. Even in the dim light she can see his crimson red face.

"Well, I can't help it. I mean, you can't blame someone for liking you right? Anyway, my feelings, I keep to myself. It's just that I can't resist you, you're desirable, do you know that?" He tried to defend himself.

"But you know I already have someone, and I love that someone deeply." She said. He sighed deeply.

"Yes, I do. It's okay though. Just knowing you, just knowing that you are around, keep me on. Gives me faith. And my heart is aching badly. But it's okay. I'm happy as long as I know you're happy," he told her slowly.

She gave him the sweetest smile he ever saw, and put her head on his shoulder. He just couldn't believe his luck. Slowly, he inhaled her scent. Oh God! How nice the feeling is. She even smells nice, he thought.

"Thank you," she whispered in his ears.

And as the song faded away, he kept his grip on her, and wished that it would last forever, for this was the only moment and time that he could be as close as ever to her. And finally, the earth resisted, time went stale, and they were together, forever.

(9th October 1999)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

love it... beautiful

all jazzed up said...

fiction or non-fiction? :)

ardy said...

Lily,

Thanks :)

Jazz,

Non-fiction, but of course the ending wasn't like that ;)