Wednesday, July 25

The Big Lie

It's hard to remember the last time I had someone to share my meals with. Nowadays, meals are such a bother because I hate eating alone, that most of the time I just stick to oatmeal. At least I get to watch TV while eating it at home.

By the way, is there such thing as an overdose of oatmeal?

Because if there is, I think I'm having the symptoms.

My digestive system is so efficient that whatever goes into me get processed in less than an hour. That means, if I eat 3 meals a day, I'll be going to the toilet for the exact same number of times. And I also noticed that now, there is an after smell, not a very pleasant one, when I'm done. It was odourless before oatmeal came into my life.

A few mornings ago, I had a craving for the McD Big Breakfast. The advertisement has been on TV for quite some time, and being a couch potato (eventhough I don't really have a couch), I have seen it numerous times. You know, the one where the couple woke up early at 4am and then went to McD, saying good morning! with a big smile.

And so there I was, a few mornings ago, with bleary eyes and not a hint of a smile on my lips, in one of those 24-hours McD. I eagerly ordered the Big Breakfast and sat down to devour my meal. But somehow, after seeing the whole meal, I wonder why they called it the big breakfast. When all it consisted was some scrambled eggs, a thin piece of meat, a pocket of hash brown, two slices of bread and a cup of coffee (refillable). The one on TV looks much bigger than the one in front of me!

I could eat 2 sets and still not feeling full. Regrets started to creep inside my mind, seeing that for RM8.04(inclusive of tax), I could get a really good breakfast consisting of a plate of nasi lemak with chicken and tempeh, 2 roti canai and a cup of coffee.

My point is, I didn't go to the toilet that morning. Nope, apparently, the word big is just a misconception. Even my digestive system didn't recognise it as a meal (more like a snack!)

Needless to say, I went home still feeling hungry, and went straight to bed.

7 comments:

all jazzed up said...

ooohh ardy, a tad bit too much of info there :) anyways, dome's breakfasts are quite good so is alexis' (but on weekends only). I'm very much a breakfast person ;)

Marliza Radzi said...

nasik lemak beats McD's Big Breakfast anytime.

ardy said...

Jazz,

It's all about sharing ;) Heheh. I'm not a breakfast person, I only eat breakfast once a month! (I'm a late-riser)

AM,

It does! But it's not good to have nasi lemak for breakfasy everyday though!

Unknown said...

You can eat two sets of Big Breakfast?? Oucchh... I enjoyed my Big Breakfast when having it with my friends. A bite at a time with a lot of laughter in between.

- guile - said...

hrm... lost in transition.

ardy said...

Lily,

There's a big difference between eating your meals alone, and with company. Unfortunately for me, the only company I had was the voices in my head ;)

Guile,

Yup, pretty much.

Marliza Radzi said...

ofkos. moderation is key dalam setiap hal.