Monday, July 30

Butterflies in the gut

It's called a premonition.

Sometimes people associate a premonition with de ja vu.

And if you must know, Phoebe of the Charmed Ones, has it as one of her powers. All she needs to do is touch something or someone, and she will get a vision, sometimes of the past, sometimes of the future about the thing or the person that she touches.

No, I do not have the power. All I have is my guts, to provide me with the occasional gut feeling, and my heart, to give me some intuition. Sometimes, I also depend on my little pinky on my left hand. In dire situations, the pinky will start to tingle a little; the tingling varies depending on the direness of the situation. There were times when it shakes violently, leaving me no choice but to abandon all hope and duck for safety. Of course, my pinky-alarm doesn't work all the time, it only kicks in once in a blue moon.

But gut feeling, now that is another story. I get it all the time that sometimes my stomach churns and twists in an unimaginable way. Depending on the feeling, sometimes I have to slap myself 10 times to get a grip on reality. Yes, I can be quite superstitious too, but that is another tale to tell some other time.

I woke up this morning with some ill feeling in my gut. I've tried to vanish it immediately, but as the time pass by, the feeling is still there, like a small wooden splinter being lodged at the tip of your finger, you try to get it out but the more you tried, the deeper it went in. Definitely an irritating feeling, and until you can find a pair of tweezers, the splinter will always be there.

It's the same with what I'm feeling right now. At least the feeling is constant, it's not getting any stronger. I guess sleep might be a good remedy, and hopefully I'll wake up tomorrow morning with no more splinters in my gut.

6 comments:

ManaL said...

heheh...u just gave me an idea for a brilliant Charmed spoof:

Ryzapiper: whats wrong with u ardybe, those squinting eyes, furrowing faces, twitching lips , sweaty forehead, jim carrey's rubberfacing and all?

Ardybe: Man, my stomach and my pinky...i'm getting some funny gut feelings here....

Prune: Naaahh...thats either heartburn or u definitely need some laxative...

CGI of ardybe's inside stomach with acids and enzymes and lumps of digested food topsyturvy...too graphic already, in short, gross.

ardybe: u r right piper, lets make some potion to ease my pains....

Prune: what a bizarre way of getting some premonitions outta ur guts....anyways, u might need some mint leaves or some freshly crushed ginger...yeah that'll do.

Ryzapiper: but what r we gonna do with his trembling pinky?

Prune: He prolly've been wrapping lotsa ladies around his pinky thats why. That explains a lot. Take him to Dr.Grey then (*sniggers)

- guile - said...

manal-> LOL..

Ardy,
Only you know what ticks your intuition. From my experience, if you pursue what your intuition says, be prepared of the worst. Just embrace yourself with whatever coming. To brush off the intuition takes a mind, desire and will. I've done both. Both give me headache and heartache. Have faith in Allah and have faith that HE helps you. That is ALL u need.

Hazyr said...

'Ryzapiper: but what r we gonna do with his trembling pinky?'

Oh I know... just chop it off!

ardy said...

Manal,

Heheh. Me in Phoebe's body, now that is worth imagining! ;)

Guile,

My weak heart always stumble when it comes to ignoring my intuition.

Ryzah,

Are you sure it's the pinky you wanted to chop off? (why so violent? Must be the after-effect of being ginned twiced and being foiled to gin twice too) Hohoh!

Hazyr said...

ada ubi ada batas
ada hari boleh balas

muahahahahaha!

ardy said...

Hazyr,

I shall wait for that day to come ;)