Friday, February 22

The long road

It has been a while. Come to think of it, it has been almost 3 years since I last frequented the MRR2 during peak hours. And this week, I was on it twice.

A few years back, I used to drive to Cheras from Sunway thrice a week. Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday I would leave work and head straight to Cheras for our weekly basketball game. The road was long and torturous. At times, I can be on it for more than an hour. The deadly stretch was along the Sri Petaling area, where the crawl normally starts. I found ways to entertain myself during the long crawl, and I also learnt the best lane to be in when stuck in a jam. Of course, what made it worst were the drivers who kept on changing lanes every five minutes or so.

But normally, after the Bandar Tun Razak exit, the crawl subsided. And then there is the infamous Pandan Indah stretch. Because of the stupidity of the planner, somehow there is a bottleneck where the three lanes become two, and that is why every evening, the crawl will start at least two kilometres away. Then, if there is an accident, or a stalled car, things can get from worse to really ugly. The crawl can start from 10 kilometres away. At that time, you could spend 2 hours just to get past that stretch.

Luckily for me, I only encountered minor crawl this week. Not that there were less cars on the road, or the road has become wider. I think it has to do more with my luck on those days. But I dread the next time I have to travel on that road during peak hours.

I think that time will be next Tuesday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate driving in KL. I need a driver.

ardy said...

Seademon,

A tank would be better, I guess.