Wednesday, January 2

The misadventure in space

Back when I was a wee little boy, I had a dream. I dreamt of flying high up in the air, transcending levels of atmosphere at high speed and emerging far away from where I started, with the blackness of space greeting my arrival. The thousands of stars winked at me, shinning ever so brightly, and mocking me of my immortality. Looking down, I saw the blue green planet I call home, and the brown dry patch somewhere in the middle.

It's oh so beautiful.

Then I remembered that I can't breathe in space, and with one huge gulp, I gasped for air, and started to fall, head first, towards the ground. But it wasn't at terminal velocity, instead, I floated gently, like a piece of paper, while being tickled by the reaching hands of the white clouds.

And as the small specks on the ground got bigger and bigger, I realised that I will smashed my head to little pieces on the ground, so I started to chant.

"There's no place like home, there's no place like home, there's no place like home,"

And clicked my heels three times. But wait, I'm not wearing my magic boots. I can't get home now. And the ground was materialising right before my eyes. So I shut my eyes tight, and forced myself to wake up.

"This is just a dream, this is just a dream, this is just a dream,"

Thud! I was on the ground. No, my head was still intact. Come to think of it, my whole body was still in one piece. But my butt and my left arm were aching. And as I opened my eyes, familiar surroundings greeted me.

I was lying on the floor next to my bed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh...Lynn loves aching butts.

ardy said...

Seademon,

She loves perky butts, not aching ones.