Friday, January 4

Exhausted

It’s an hour to go before I can pack up and leave this office, and everything associated with it behind for the weekend. It has been a long week, and with the new year just rolling in, I guess it kind of set up the tone for the whole year. Another busy year.

I think I’m mentally and physically exhausted with everything at the moment, but that doesn’t mean I am going to crawl under the bed and hide for the rest of the year. Life is all about challenges, and it’s humbling to know that I’m not the only one with struggles in life. And it is definitely inspiring when you come across someone who is trying to achieve something in life, and overcoming the odds stacked against her. I hope everything will work out well for her.

Of course, there is always the weekend to look forward to, and it’s just a matter of hours for a full two days well deserving weekend. It is sad to know that there are people out there who have to work during the weekend. I was one of them previously, but one of my resolutions this year is to cut down on that, because I believe you need to make time for yourself, and spend it with the people that you love, or by doing the things that you love. Or better still, spend it with the people that you love doing the things that you love together.

Now, isn’t that an exciting thought?

11 comments:

Spena said...

Ardy, I will be more sad if I don't work on weekends and spend the weekend alone as my love one is so far away.
Well, anyway, I'm happy to see you're happy!
Bon weekend!

SeaDemon said...

You're always doing the things you love with the one you love.

I'm only into sex, drugs and alcohol. Oh well, if you can consider the anti-hypertensive drugs I take as "drugs".

naiza said...

yuhuu.. you've been tagged.. sila lawat laman web saya... :)

all jazzed up said...

I'd settle to just be with the one that I love. And that seems highly impossible now. Oh well. I'm on to Plan B - be with someone that I really like. Amazingly, it makes me happier.

Anonymous said...

You've been tagged. http://narcaholic.com/blog/?p=1476

Lady Gargle said...

Oh I know what you mean. Weekends are just god-sent to me. I'd usually do absolutely nothing on weekends because I know my weekdays are just bonkers.

Nice blog by the way :)

ardy said...

Spena,

I guess work keep you distracted from thinking about him all the time.

Seademon,

Maybe you should give up the drug and alcohol but keep the sex.

ardy said...

Naiza,

Will do it soon.

Jazz,

Maybe someone you like will turn into someone you love, in due time?

ardy said...

Seademon,

Noted.

Frankensteina,

Thanks for dropping by. Isn't it nice to just do nothing on weekends? ;)

Marliza Radzi said...

"there is always the weekend to look forward to" --> so true!

ardy said...

AM,

The only reason why my sanity is still intact - the weekends!