Friday, July 11

A year later

Today marked my first anniversary as a blogger. A year ago, a good friend of mine persuaded me to blog, to the extend of creating this blog and passing it to me. Hence Ardy's Anatomy was born, and I started writing, mostly about stuffs in my head. Yeah, there was a time when my head was a huge treasure chest, with plenty of surprises and adventures just waiting to be discovered and shared.

That seemed like a lifetime away. Looking back, I can't even remember myself at that point of life. I think I was slightly unhappy at that time. A little overworked, but enjoying the challenges. Lonely at times, but how can you be lonely when you have such great friends to keep you company?

Yes, friendships. They are the salvation to a broken heart, a cure to loneliness, and a light in growing darkness. They keep you sane most of the times, and fill your days with joy and laughter. Of course there are the occasional blips somewhere along the way, but you tend to get through them. And as you do, the bond of friendships grow stronger, and it makes you wonder, how lucky you are to be blessed with such friends.

If you are given the opportunity to go back in time and visit your past self, what would you tell yourself? Would you lead your past self to road to riches, or would you impart wisdom that you've acquired through aging? Or would you just sit back, and watch yourself do the things that you did years ago?

I saw myself a few days back. I was standing at the end of a long clear road, and there at the other end, stood my past self. He was staring at me. He looked eager yet tired. Something must be bothering him, I thought. I tried talking to him, but the distance was too far that I couldn't get my words across to him. So we just stood there on opposite ends, staring and thinking.

How do you heal a broken heart? No, you do not drink until you're drunk, or sleep until you're sore. Nor do you jump into another relationship. You heal it by letting the best cure work it wonders. Time.

Let time heal the pain. In time, you'll feel better, be better. In time, you'll look back and reflect on your mishaps. And learn. And live.

If I get a penny for every tears that I drop, I will never be a millionaire in my lifetime. Maybe I need to cry more. Not for me, but for others. For the world. But it's such a beautiful world out there. Maybe I should be more pessimistic.

One day, one fine day, you will realise, that the world does not revolve around you. One day you will realise that the world is round.

And what goes around, comes around.

4 comments:

Spena said...

You are one of the great friends I have. Hope we could be friends forever...

Hazyr said...

Happy anniversary!

What a huge difference a year make eh? (for you la.. it's pretty static for me..heheh)

IBU said...

I read somewhere, no one can make you feel small except you, your own self.

I read somewhere, we have to choose our own attitude, else we'll always be subject to be susceptible to other people's negativity or our own mind talks.

I read somewhere, where we come from is not as important as we we going.

And I also read somewhere, it doesn't matter which road you take IF in the first place, you don't even know where you are heading to.

I heard quite sometime back, a glass half empty can also be a glass half full.

Confused already with the above wise sayings?

Only if you choose to be.

Yes, what goes around comes around. But our hearts & mind will be lighter & spirits freer, if we just wish them well - as we move on and as we focus on the priorities of the pre-reqs towards achieving our key purposes in life. For that, first things first, we have to set those key purposes in our life & identify the priorities: short, medium & long term. Then choose our attitude, if we should work on them or not. If we decide, nayyy... this & that can wait - then are those our true prioritites? Or are we merely choosing the wrong attitude?

Tepuk dada, batuk2 sikit, tanya selera.

Crying that is encouraged, is one that is caused by the realisation of our own humility and inferiority, and how we truly hope for forgiveness and further guidance, enlightenment & insights from the Almighty when we recite our prayers (doa) in solat hajat & tahajjud - for only Allah knows best.

Cherish those close friends, always, will ya?



CHEERS!!

ardy said...

Spena,

Same here :)

Hazyr,

Yours is full of drama. It might be static, but it was damn heart-renching! ;)

Ibu,

Thanks for the words of wisdom. Really made my day :) Sometimes it takes a stranger to open up your half-asleep eyes.