Thursday, July 3

Love/Addiction

We are all addicted to something throughout our lives. Be it love, sex, coffee or even booze. And it's never easy to kick the habit once you're in it. So what do you do? How do you kick the addiction?

There first step is by admitting that you have a problem. Because believe me, once you're aware of it, then you'll know what you need to do. Eventually.

Enjoy the quotes!

Meredith: [narrating] In the hospital, we see addiction every day. It's shocking how many kinds of addiction exist. It would be too easy if it were just drugs and booze and cigarettes. I think the hardest part of kicking a habit is wanting to kick it. I mean, we get addicted for a reason, right? Often, too often, things that start out as just a normal part of your life at some point cross the line to obsessive, compulsive, out of control. It's the high we're chasing, the high that makes everything else fade away.

Mark: What's wrong with the chief?
Derek: He's a junkie.
Mark: Him? You're the one who looks all strung out.
Derek: I'm just tired.
Mark: Let me guess. You and Meredith are back together, and you've been up all night doing the horizontal salsa.
Derek: Mambo. Horizontal mambo. And Meredith and I, we're just friends.
Mark: Sexy friends?
Derek: You're like the worst, most juvenile human being I've ever met in my life.
Mark: You know the first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem?
Derek: How many nurses have you slept with this week?
Mark: That's not a problem, man. That's an adventure.

Meredith: Mrs. Burke. What a surprise to see you here. Are you visiting someone?
Jane: You're the maid of honor. Miss Grey.
Meredith: That's me.
Jane: When you stood up in front of Preston's friends and loved ones and you said, "It's over. It's over. It's so over" were you trying to smash the hopes of the best man, or were you just trying to be funny?
Meredith: I...
Jane: Because making light of that situation would be inappropriate. And to use that moment to send a message to your boyfriend... well, that's... selfish. So were you being inappropriate, or were you being selfish?
Meredith: I, uh... am, uh...I apologize for that, Mrs. Mama, ma'am. I'm just gonna go. Okay.
Jane: Miss Grey?
Meredith: Yes, ma'am.
Jane: When you report back to Cristina, would you tell her, please, that I am waiting for her and that I will continue to wait for her?
Meredith: Yes, ma'am.

Cristina: She keeps staring at us.
Meredith: I know.
Cristina: Make her stop.
Meredith: You make her stop.
Cristina: You're her sister.
Meredith: I'm an only child. You're her resident.
Cristina: If you have time to stare, you have time to get me coffee, so move, move, move. Two, stay.
Meredith: Now see? If you could just do that with mama...

George: Mrs. Burke!
Jane: I don't think I know you.
George: I'm George O'Malley. I'm a friend of Burke's. I was Burke's guy.
Jane: Hi, George O'Malley...Burke's friend, Burke's guy. Please sit.
George: I guess I have a minute. You know one time he let me live on his sofa when I had no place else to stay? How is he? Is he...okay?
Jane: He's Preston. He's a gentleman. And so... he doesn't like to talk about it. And I just really don't know what to say to him.
George: Maybe, uh...I don't know. Maybe you can tell him that he dodged a bullet. I mean, marriage is...once you're in, you're in. Burke is smart, you know? He didn't make a mistake. 'Cause it's a mistake that, you know, it's hard to take back. Which, even if you want to take it back, you can't. So you can tell him that.
Jane: Once you're in, you're in. Make sure you have that engraved on your wedding ring when you get married.
George: Oh, I'm already married.
Jane: You're already married? George O'Malley...Burke's friend, Burke's guy...staying in a marriage out of obligation? That's no way to live. That's no way to love. But I think you know that.
George: I do. Sometimes I do.

Derek: He's not returning my phone calls anymore.
Jane: He's doing his best. Do you think...do you think she really loved him...Cristina?
Derek: I...I think she loved him the best that she knew how.
Jane: And that would not have been enough for you either?
Derek: No. It wouldn't have been enough for me either.
Jane: So you would've ended it, too?
Derek: Well... burke and I are...are built differently. He's stronger than I am. He was strong enough to... and, um, we're not built the same.
Jane: Honorable men are all built the same.
Derek: And you think I'm an honorable man?
Jane: Do you know when to walk away? Do you know when not to take less than you deserve? If you do, then you're an honorable man.

Lexie: Um, Dr. Grey...I was wondering, do you know where the thermometers are? 'Cause...
Meredith: Do you really not know where the thermometers are, Lexie? Or are you just looking for an excuse to talk to me?
Lexie: I...
Meredith: Simple question, Lexie. Are you an idiot or a stalker? Okay, that was a mean thing to say. I'm aware of that because I'm generally not a me but I'm a person who just doesn't want to know you. And you are a person who's making that very difficult. So please, just stop making it so difficult for me to not know you. Okay?

Callie: So I take it you still want to talk?
George: Yeah, I do.
Callie: No.
George: No, I...
Callie: No, you don't. George, please. Just...please, please don't say anything. Please. I am asking you as your wife. I am asking you not to say anything. I am asking you to just not. Not tonight. I am your wife. Do this for me?
George: Okay.

Meredith: [narrating] Still, they say you don’t kick the habit until you hit rock bottom, but how do you know when you’re there? Because no matter how badly a thing is hurting us, sometimes letting it go hurts even worse.

No comments: