Wednesday, March 19

Above and below

Do you want to travel the world? Do you want to be a diver for pearls? Or climb up mountains and touch the clouds above?

I have climbed numerous mountains, and have always enjoy the jungles and the mountains. I started way back when I was in school, and have never looked back since. And I hope my love for it will never die.

Come tomorrow, I will embark on a new adventure, and this time, it will be heading down. Into the ocean, to be specific. I have always wanted to dive, but have never found the time and means to do so. But thanks to the friends that I've made this past few months, I am just a step away from logging in my first dive.

I had the chance of testing the water, so to speak, last November when I went on a diving trip to Pulau Sembilan. Although I wasn't a diver back then, I had the chance of going under for an hour. And I know from that moment on that it is something that I want to do regularly. I wish I had done it sooner, but I guess it's never late than never.

Diving is an expensive hobby. The trips themselves will cost you quite a sum, not to mention the equipments and the boat charter. And it is not something that you can simply pick up, like mountain climbing. You need to attend classes, sit for exams, and finally be certified by a professional trainer. And there are levels that you can attain for if you wish. But each step will cost you more money.

That's why you need to do so sparingly. Unless of course, if you're filthy rich and have nothing else better to do.

At times, I do wish I'm filthy rich and have nothing else better to do.

But then again, I prefer what I have now, even if it's not a lot.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the club...good luck for your OWD course.

As I would tell other divers: Dive safe but don't forget to have fun; have fun but don't forget to dive safe.

najibest said...

welcome to the club :) so when can we go diving again

Unknown said...

heheheheh... welcome to the club bro... hope we can dive together2 later...

ardy said...

Seademon,

Thanks! Definitely had lotsa fun!

Najibest,

I'm going again in a week's time!

Lily,

Definitely!