Monday, March 31

Hot yoga

Two muffins were in an oven. One muffin said to the other, "Is it me, or is it hot in here?"

The other muffin said, "Holy shit! A talking muffin!"

I can really connect with the muffins. Or cupcakes. Or any other delicious food left heating up in the oven, or microwave. Because last night, I was sitting in an oven. Figuratively, of course.

There were 8 of us, including the hot (pun not intended) instructor, in the oven, I mean, in the studio. The temperature was slowly rising, until it reached 40 degrees Celsius. By then, I was basically losing water like a morning drizzle, slow at first, and it got heavier as we went on. There were 26 postures and each of them requires a certain degree of flexibility and strength. And balance.

I have to say, it was a good session. At the end of the session, every muscle in my body was screaming curses at me. But it does feel great. It isn't like doing weights, where you pushed your body to the limits, and your muscles ache and get sore for two days after the workout. This is more like, a relaxed work-out, but almost with the same results. It's a total body workout, and at the same time, you get the health benefits thrown in. Well, that was what the instructor said anyway. But it's believable. If not, I'm sure the founder of this particular yoga won't still be alive and healthy as a fiddle at 62.

I am so tempted to sign in for the classes, but I know I can't afford to pay another RM200 per month for a gym membership. And it's not like I have the time to spare three times a week to attend the classes, since the weekdays classes start at 6.30pm while I'm always not around during weekends. But those two free sessions were really worth it. If anyone of you interested to try it out, you can just drop by at the center, act interested, and ask for the 7 days free pass.

Make sure you wear minimum clothing (preferably just your underwear) since you're going to be wet all over.

10 comments:

Hazyr said...

You think it's helping with your breathing now?

najibest said...

that's coming from someone who had 80 bar on surfacing heh...

Hazyr said...

haha...it's a fair question la. If it helps, then I may want to consider it too :)

Anonymous said...

80 bars upon surfacing after how many minutes bottom time?

Must have big lungs. Heheeh.

najibest said...

heh..i was about to ask also what's the bottom time :)

Hazyr said...

45-48 minutes... I think the rest were like that too.

Nothing to sound about right?

Hazyr said...

err.. silap...

it should say, nothing to shout about..

my brain is not awake yet ;)

Anonymous said...

Hazyr...you sure there is no microbubble in one of your arteries causing oxygen starvation to the brain somewhere? :p

Generally, women have better air consumption than men do, and kids have even better ones. My kids always surface after 45 minutes dive with 150 BAR still.

Silly Bunny Nuwwul said...

oittss...bilenak update ni. Busy nampak!

ardy said...

Hazyr,

I guess, in a way. I stayed a lot longer underwater last week in Redang.

Najibest,

We are all newbies here ;)

Seademon,

They said I sucked air like a dragon!

Nuwwul,

Updates coming up. Ideas have been hard in coming ;)