Wednesday, September 24

The songs in my head

It's amazing what some songs can do for you. Some songs can inspire, some can invoke certain memories and feelings. Some songs make you happy, some songs make you sad. And some songs, when inserted in the background of a scene on TV or movies, can really make a big difference.

Makes you wonder, if you can have a song playing in the background of every major events in your life, what would it be?

I have this weird habit of listening to the same song over and over again, until the words and tune get stuck inside my head. There are plenty of songs inside my head, playing over and over again. I guess that's why I don't need to stick those earphones into my ears to listen to music everywhere I go, because all my favourite songs are stored inside my head.

But if you think that's weird, there's more. There comes a certain time in my life, when suddenly a song will be played inside my head, with no reasons at all. And somehow, the song just complete the moment. Like I'm in a movie or something. Maybe I watch too much TV. Or maybe I imagine things too much. Or maybe I'm just plain weird.

I remember when I broke up with my ex a few years back, I had My Immortal by Evanescence playing inside my head during the break-up. And it was such a tragic, sad song that it almost drove me crazy. And nowadays when I listen to the song, I can't help but to remember that day. Not that it invoke anymore feelings, it's just a bittersweet memory.

And when I run, I have High by James Blunt playing in my head. Somehow, it is such a calm song and it provides the right rhythm for me to run. Yes, I know, I might be influence my the music video where a man was running throughout the song. But that's the song that transfixed me to keep running, even when my body is telling me to stop.

Other songs that keep on repeating over the years are Linger by Cranberries, Painting in My Mind by Tommy Page, Everytime by A1, Here With Me by Dido, Wherever You May Go by The Calling and You Were Meant For Me by Jewel. Yes, most of them are sappy sad songs, but that's because I'm a sappy sad person.

And because I'm in no mood for happy tunes now.

4 comments:

hyelbaine said...

Hhhmm..you're not weird just one of many who just live for music. That's all ;)

Cheers!!! :D

ManaL said...

RD , alaahaaaaiiii....syahdunya....lagu malayu takdak ka?

coolasais said...

Tommy page and A1! ha ha ha

ardy said...

Hyelbaine,

Haha, maybe so!

Manal,

My taste in lagu Melayu are mostly Rock Kapak! ;)

Coolasais,

Mind boggling, ain't it? :p