Wednesday, September 17

Frontpage: The truth behind the news

It's been a while since a really good local show surfaced on our TV screen. A few months back, we were treated with the out-of-this-world Ghost on 8TV. It was quiet since then, with the occasional TV3 dramas filling up my thirst for local dramas, but nothing good to shout about.

Then there is the highly publicised medical drama, Ampang Medikal which is shown on NTV7. I am not going to say anything about that, since you can read all about it here.

And just when I was about to give up hope on our local scenes, Frontpage comes galloping around and my faith in local dramas has been restored. The first episode aired on September 7 and I have to say, it was so good that I can't wait for the next episode. And the next one was even as good as the first one, so now I look forward to my Sunday nights.

So what is Frontpage all about? It revolves around a group of investigative journalists who do whatever it takes to get a story. The best part about the story is each episode is based on actual news headlines that had appeared over the last 20 years. And I think the team of writers, led by Mira Mustaffa really outdone themselves with superb scripts for the show.

If you have yet to watch a single episode of Frontpage, worry not cause nowadays you can catch it online. And if you're at home on Sunday nights, remember to catch it on NTV7 at 9.45pm.

By the way, did I mention that Cheryl Samad is also in Frontpage?

No comments: