Tuesday, June 3

Out of nothing

Suddenly time stands still.

It is raining outside. The drizzle breaks the silence of the night, and the darkness is broken by the occasional flashes of lightning. Apart from mother nature making her presence felt, it is completely serene. The night breeze is cooling, and somehow it feels that the second hand on my alarm clock is moving so slowly, that it might as well stop moving.

It has been a slow night. The fact that I have skipped dinner does not help at all. I am suddenly craving for something meaty, like a piece of a medium-rare steak or a nice leg of lamb. Maybe a nice fat hamburger might end this hunger, but the thought of braving the cold night in this light drizzle turns me off completely.

At least I know I'd rather be hungry than moving.

But it's not helping at all.

It's easier to keep my mind occupied to chase away the hunger, but there are always flashes of food when I blink my eyes. And the growling in my stomach reminds me of my predicament. A quick look around the room reveals a pack of biscuit under the bookshelves at the corner of the room, but it looks so dry and unappetizing.

Sleep will cure this madness. Sleep will bring me the piece of steak I desire most. Sleep will bring me that leg of lamb with a side of mint sauce and baked potatoes.

Sleep is what I need then, and not food.

4 comments:

Hazyr said...

You run out of oatmeals ke? heheh..

Anyway, stop watching Ezora and go back to reading.. then I can start borrowing your books again! ;)

ardy said...

Hazyr,

I'm not watching Ezora! And I'm not reading too. I think I should cut down on Facebook!

Spena said...

I got the message, OK!! Its not my fault that the kitchen is still not ready.

ardy said...

Spena,

You do not need the kitchen, all you need is your brand new oven and a leg of lamb ;)