Tuesday, June 24

A change is gonna come

Things change. People change. The whole world changes. Nothing remains the same. Not for long.

The first episode of the new season was superb, as always. Some old faces left, and more new faces were introduced. Remember those new faces, because some of them will be sleeping with some of those old faces.

Enjoy the quotes!

Meredith: [narrating] In the practice of medicine, change is inevitable. New surgical techniques are created, procedures are updated, levels of expertise increase. Innovation is everything, nothing remains the same for long. We either adapt to change, or ... we get left behind.

Meredith: Have you seen Burke?
Cristina: No. Have you seen Derek?
Meredith: No.
Izzie: Wait, you haven't seen either of them since the wedding?
Meredith and Cristina: Nope.
Izzie: And you're all fine?
Meredith: Yep.
Cristina: Yep.
Izzie: Wow. You're either incredible healthy or completely messed up.

George: I don't respond to being called a number.

Derek: How is Meredith, anyway?
Cristina: Fine.
Derek: She's always fine. That's her problem.
Cristina: We're fine people. We do fine. We're fine.

Mark: I didn't come to Seattle for Addison, I didn't come to Seattle to be chief. I came to Seattle for you, okay? I came to Seattle to get you back... I know I wanna take that back, but now, it's been said..
Derek: Yeah... maybe we should have a drink.
Mark: We could?
Derek: Yeah.... Not today.

Izzie: Don't you see? I'm Bambi. I'm Bambi, George. If anyone in this situation is a sad little cartoon character, it's me. I'm all alone in the forest, all alone in the forest, George. And my mother's been shot by a hunter and where are you? Where the hell are you?
George: I'm on my way to surgery.

Meredith: I...uhm....
Derek: You're not ready for this.
Meredith: No.
Derek: I asked for too much.
Meredith: I think so.
Derek: So, this is it?
Meredith: Yeah.
Derek: We're breaking up?
Meredith: We're breaking up.

Derek: We're broken up.
Meredith: It's done.
[They start kissing]
Derek: Break-up kiss.
Meredith: Break-up kiss.
Derek: Lets have break-up sex.
Meredith: Yeah, lets have break-up sex.

Meredith: [narrating] Change; we don’t like it, we fear it, but we can't stop it from coming. We either adapt to change or we get left behind. And it hurts to grow, anybody who tells you it doesn’t is lying. But heres the truth: the more things change, the more they stay the same. And sometimes, oh, sometimes change is good. Oh, sometimes, change is ... everything.

(The nice song at the ending is called "To build a home" by Cinematic Orchestra)

3 comments:

Hazyr said...

I've watched up till episode 5...I still miss Burke!

Think I'll bring the rest to Surabaya to keep me occupied during the nights.. (yawn)

coolasais said...

hawt! dang..

ardy said...

Hazyr,

McSteamy is still around. He's all alone and lonely ;)

Coolasais,

Haha, as always!